Sorry, I just have a fundamental disagreement with MySpace, I’m not sure about other social networking sites, but these are my reasons why:
- MySpace is dangerous – there are dangerous people on MySpace.
- MySpace push malware-infected ads.
- MySpace uses other ad campaigns that target young people – it’s debatable whether this is irresponsible in some cases.
- MySpace profiles attract terrible CSS coding and terrible web usability.
- MySpace profiles often have irritating auto-play Flash music players and other Flash embeds.
- MySpace blogs are generally rubbish.
- I already have ‘my space’ – that’s this blog. I don’t need someone to plonk their advertising on it and restrict what I can do.
- From my very limited experience of MySpace, you get people posting stupid messages/comments on your profile, and I find that irritating.
- Rupert Murdoch has enough money already without me giving him more advertising revenue.
- MySpace should leverage technology like XFN to promote open standards (don’t get me started)
OK I’m sorry about that, I just don’t like and don’t intend to use MySpace. I’ll post something nice and friendly now.