More Information about DfontSplitter for Windows
You can use DfontSplitter for Windows to convert Mac .dfont files into TTF files. These TTF files can then be dragged to your Windows fonts folder to use in any Windows application.
Download Old Version (0.3.1)
Alternate Download (zip file without installer): Download .zip Package
Need help getting started? Documentation is available.
Source code is available on GitHub.
Old Version — Source Code
If you’re a developer, you might be interested in the source code. Since DfontSplitter is open source, you’re in luck. DfontSplitter for Windows is constructed of two main parts:
- DfontSplitter graphical user interface, built by me, wrapper for Fondu. Written in C# in Visual Studio 2008, compiled against the .NET 2.0 Framework.
- Fondu command line tool which does the work, linked to cygwin1.dll.
These two components are independent programs; my GUI simply calls Fondu externally and passes in the user’s commands. Therefore, the source code for each part is available separately.
An additional complication is that because Fondu is linked to the GPL-licensed cygwin1.dll, the source code needed to build that DLL is also made available.
Thus there are three source packages to download:
- DfontSplitter GUI source
- Fondu source code (used to build fondu.exe binary)
- Cygwin 1.5.25-15 source package (source of cygwin1.dll)
Current licensing information can be found on GitHub.
Old Version — Licensing
The three parts that make up DfontSplitter — my GUI, Fondu, cygwin1.dll and the icon, all have separate licences that apply to each.
- DfontSplitter (my GUI) — GNU GPL version 3.0
- Fondu — BSD-style licence
- Cygwin (cygwin1.dll) — GNU GPL 2.0 with exceptions
- Oxygen Icons (application icon) — Creative Commons BY-NC 2.5, or LGPL