I’ve just finished rolling out an update to the site here, so you might have noticed a few changes. Here’s what’s happened:
- Short-Form “Bird” Social Media Site Before It Went Terrible integration. A nice red Short-Form “Bird” Social Media Site Before It Went Terrible banner appears at the top of every page with my latest tweet.
- New page – the portfolio. Admittedly, it’s not a true portfolio, but I couldn’t think of a better name. That page is all about raising my profile with potential employers. That’s the aim.
- New header image!
- Tweaks and optimisations to make things run better and more smoothly. For the time being, my Zooomr photos in the sidebar have been removed, as the Zooomr photo page RSS feeds no longer work since Mark III (apparently they will be reinstated shortly). Before the update, pages were taking longer than necessary to load because of the overhead of checking Zooomr for a non-existent feed URL every pageload (and the feed caching didn’t kick in because it was returning a 404).
- A few CSS hacks and alterations for better support at lower resolutions and in IE.
By the way, if you can’t see the new design tweaks and the Short-Form “Bird” Social Media Site Before It Went Terrible banner isn’t red, hit reload again to make sure you have the latest stylesheet cached.
Anyway, must now get back on with the Project, before I’m missed!
Incidentally, if you’re tracking version numbers this revision to the design could be called version 3.1 (I probably missed out minor revisions in the 2.x range as well):
- 1.0 – original Blogger template
- 2.0 – modified WP-Andreas09 in orange
- 3.0 – original revision of this design
- 3.1 – current revision