You might notice that WPGet hasn’t been getting much development time recently. Basically, I was really happy with the 0.6 release and we’d had no reported problems, and I had no new feature ideas at the time, so I left it.
However, I’ve been scribbling down ideas for WPGet 0.7 and I’ve got some cool stuff I want to do. But what do you – the users think? Please feel free to contact me in any way you want (comments on here are fine!) to let me know what works for you, what I should add and what sucks beyond belief.
A few ideas so far are below. Please note – these ideas are subject to being scribbled out, and to more being scribbled down. This list doesn’t guarantee a feature will make it.
- New style system – the output from WPGet will have templated styles (plus custom stylesheets as well, and original mode)
- Perhaps generation of images (for off-site use, in forum signatures etc) from WordPress posts?
- Support for WordPress author, so you can see who wrote what in the WPGet preview.
- Stabilise the multi-category support (currently considered beta quality in 0.6)
- WordPress page support? (Is this even needed?)
UPDATE: Forgot to add – test it with WordPress 2.1
Any idea with a question marks on it is definitely not guaranteed.
So, tell me what you want and I’ll build it!